查看: 2646|回復: 5
打印 上一主題 下一主題
收起左側

[綜合討論] 暑假英文溫習班~1

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 27-7-2008 16:10:44 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
My English is too bad,but I still hold every opportunity to improve my English.I believe that this practice will help us.The text and TRUE / FALSE is copied but the vocabulary learning is writen by me.
================================
PlayStations banned in UK jails
  The heads of British prisons have banned prisoners from playingcomputer games that have an adult rating. Under new rules, prisonauthorities have also decided not to buy any more games or gamesconsoles for prisoners. However, they are allowing prisoners who behavewell to buy their own PlayStations or xBoxes. Prisons can also allowprisoners at risk of suicide to play games to keep them occupied. Thenew crackdown on the games culture in prisons is because of a fear thatmany games make prisoners more violent. The Prison Service has calledan end to its PlayStation Project, where games consoles were given tohighly dangerous prisoners. The reason for introducing prison gamingwas to stop prisoners from getting too depressed.

The British government sparked anger last year when it admitted tospending $20,000 on games and equipment for prisoners to use in theircells. There was public uproar when a convicted killer was photographedwith a PlayStation in May. A leading prison reformer, Geoff Dobson,said games did serve a useful purpose to keep order in prisons. “Weshould not forget the usefulness of these games to prisonofficers…keeping order in overcrowded prisons,” he said. Dobson addedthat because of overcrowding, prisoners were spending more time intheir cells doing nothing and becoming more frustrated. He summed upthe problem, saying: "The bottom line is access to computer games is nosubstitute for [useful] activity like work or education classes.”
==========================================================================
1. TRUE / FALSE: Look at the article’s headline and guess whether these sentences are true (T) or false (F):
a. British prisoners can no longer play adult-rated games on PlayStations.
b. Prisons will stop buying PlayStation consoles and games for prisoners.
c. Prisoners are no longer allowed to buy PlayStations while in prison.d.
d. Prisons introduced PlayStations to stop prisoners getting bored
e. The British government spent $200,000 on PlayStations last year.
f. A prison reformer said PlayStations help keep the peace in prisons.
g. There are not too many prisoners in British prison cells.
h. The reformer said education classes are better than PlayStations.

Answer

遊客,如果您要查看本帖隱藏內容請回復

======================================================================
1. crackdown on       n.
打擊、取締
eg.The new crackdown on the games culture in prisons is because of a fear that many games make prisoners more violent.
必須跟on組成
另外,亦有verb.可以verb form: crack down on
eg. The government should issue a cod of practice for the officers to crack down on social misbehaviour

2. uproar           n.
騷亂、吵鬧
eg.The 8G meeting ended in uproar.

3. depress          v.
使灰心

評分

參與人數 1樂點 +20 收起 理由
hallosiuming + 20 要支援出聲就得,我會全力支持

查看全部評分

回復

使用道具 舉報

2#
發表於 27-7-2008 16:40:35 | 只看該作者
My English is too bad,but I still hold every opportunitys to develop my EnglishI believe that this practice will help you and me.The text and TRUE / FALSE is copyed but the vocabulary learning is writen by me.

opportunity  
improve my English
upgrade/raise up my English standard

help us.
the passage
copied...

先行多謝=v=~
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

3#
 樓主| 發表於 27-7-2008 16:49:17 | 只看該作者
唔該哂
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

4#
發表於 27-7-2008 17:24:14 | 只看該作者
等我又睇下先@@"thx~
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

5#
發表於 27-7-2008 17:35:41 | 只看該作者
pretty good to see there are posts talking about English learning in the CE academic board.... the sxxking English plaza is a rubbish board...

should we chat in English in this post?
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

6#
發表於 30-7-2008 18:08:50 | 只看該作者
Will this be a good attempt?
T
T
F
T
F
T